Monday, December 10, 2007

Double Peanut Pie

double peanut pie


I'm not overly fond of peanut butter. I mean I eat it sometimes in a sandwhich and I love a hint of it on my barbeque and caldereta but it's not a favorite. That and the fact that I don't like pies in general was the main reason I won't be making this again. Plus I thought it was too sweet. But in case anyone is interested, the recipe is as follows.

Ingredients
3 pcs. eggs
1 c. dark corn syrup
1/2 c. peanut butter
1/2 t. vanilla
1 c. crushed peanuts
a recipe of pate brisee

Procedure
In a bowl, beat eggs with corn syrup, peanut butter and vanilla in medium speed until smooth. Stir in crushed peanuts and pour mixture into prepared crust.

Bake for 55 minutes in 350F preheated oven. Cool. Served with whipped cream.

double peanut pie


Oh here's a story, instead of peanut butter, our instructor listed the recipe as butter so of course we showed up in class with half a cup of butter. When the procedure was up on the board we can only wince at yet another mishap on the part of our instructor. The worst part, she said we could go ahead and use it. WTF?!? Luckily I spied a bottle of peanut butter that morning in her locker - a project in her food processing class and I convinced her to let us buy it. She agreed but quoted a sky high price. We had no choice though.

0 comments :